Kavella Purple Shampoo
Gentle toning and cleansing for brassy light browns to dark blondes. Formulated for hydration and maximum color retention.
PRO TIP: For very dry or damaged hair, you can make your toning shampoo more conditioning by mixing a little bit of any Kavella Conditioner or our Recovery Lotion into the shampoo in your palm before applying.
In order to reduce plastic waste, pumps are not included with any 32 oz sizes. Please select Add On a Pump if needed, and be sure to reuse it with future orders!
Wet hair thoroughly. Massage Kavella® Purple Shampoo into the hair where toning is needed. Leave on for 1-3 minutes to neutralize minimal yellow on light blonde, or leave on longer to cancel out more golden or brassy tones on darker blondes. Rinse. Follow with a Kavella conditioner. Can be diluted with our Moisturizing, Balanced, or Volumizing Shampoos for toning white hair – they all have the same scent!
- For cleansing while canceling out yellow in brassy blondes or gray hair. Key Ingredients:
- Organic Aloe Vera Extract: As with most of our products, Aloe is the first ingredient in this product. It contains enzymes that repair dead skin cells on the scalp. Aloe vera has a chemical make-up similar to that of keratin, rejuvenating the hair, giving it more elasticity, and preventing breakage.
- Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters: Naturally increased dye uptake and promotes color retention. Assists with hydration and detangling. Silicone alternative.
- Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein: Effective plant-based protein for repairing and conditioning damaged hair. Helps hair retain moisture and adds shine.
- Sucrose Cocoate: Natural, PEG-free moisturizer derived from coconuts. Helps to make shampoo foam denser so that targeted application is easier (such as when roots need to be toned longer than ends). Simply add more water and lather further to disperse shampoo throughout hair.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin*, Sucrose Cocoate, Leuconostoc/ Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycol Distearate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Gluconolactone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Potassium Sorbate, CI 60730 Acid Violet 43, Prunus Armeniaca L. (Apricot Kernel) Essential Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Essential Oil*, CI 17200 Acid Red 33, Dipteryx Odorata (Tonka Bean) Absolute*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Lactic Acid, Benzaldehyde**, Benzyl Alcohol**, Cinnamal**, Limonene**, Linalool**, Benzyl Benzoate**
*organic **natural components of our apricot kernel essential oil
Kavella® is a combination of kavela, meaning lotus flower, and Bella, meaning beautiful. In harmony with our values, the lotus flower symbolizes purity and transcendence. Although this flower is rooted in the mud, its flowers blossom on long stalks as if floating above the muddy waters, transcending its environment. Kavella was founded by Ashley Feinberg, a licensed cosmetologist and animal rights enthusiast. She attended a cosmetology school that used “luxury” professional hair care products and quickly became fascinated by the chemistry behind them. She began obsessively researching ingredients, and the more she learned about the chemicals she was using every day, the more disturbed she became by their potential toxicity. Even worse, she learned about the animal cruelty that went on behind the scenes of these brands. She decided to create formulas to use on her own damaged hair and discovered certain plants and plant-derived ingredients could target specific hair problems. Through a great deal of trial and error, one of her experiments worked. After 2 weeks, her hair stopped breaking and gained back its elasticity. Her scalp became healthier, and she finally loved the way her hair looked and felt. Kavella donates part of its profits to animal rights and welfare organizations.
Keep away from children. For external use only.
THIS IS NOT A BEVERAGE.